Monday, March 30, 2020

Blog 3 – Religion and just a little bit of sports


Blog 3 – Religion and just a little bit of sports
I’m taking my religion core credit this semester, and I took religion and sports because I heard it was easy. I thought it might be interesting to see sports intersecting with religion and hoped that would make the heavy content of religion lighter. I was completely wrong. We cover heavy subject matter about racism, sexuality, sexism, hypocrisy, judgment, and sickness. There are some sports stories sprinkled into emotionally taxing material. My mind feels like its doing gymnastics trying to reconcile my own experiences and beliefs, with new information and competing viewpoints. The more I know, the more I know that I don’t know. This is challenging, and that’s exciting for me and my education. Its also a lot to process at nine in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great post, Kait. I think everyone can sympathize with choosing a course because you think it will be easy and not getting what you expected out of it. I remember taking Honors Philosophy freshmen year and thinking it would be easy and it ended up being one of my hardest classes. On a positive note, I've found that the classes that surprise you like that are often some of the most enriching.

    ReplyDelete

My Favorite Cartoon Character - Kim Possible

My Favorite Cartoon Character - Kim Possible Growing up, I thought high school would look a lot more like the double life of a super spy...